Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Secret

I've read the book months back or early this year...but on my way back to Manila last Monday, I kind of read it again through the audio book on my ipod touch. I got so inspired again that I couldn't help but smile while watching the video. I'm referring to Rhonda Byrne's "The Secret."

My mind got overwhelmed with thoughts about my immediate goals, my dreams and aspirations and how i want to achieve them really soon.

From "biyahe", I went straight to work. I was still euphoric about the message of "The Secret"-- about the Law of Attraction, on visualizing your goals...that the universe is governed by the principle that "like attracts like" and that our thoughts are like magnets: Positive thoughts attract positive events and negative thoughts attract negative events.

So forward to studio taping... as it has been our habit to pray together before we begin taping, one of the staff, Selda led the prayer. I asked her to pray that someone would finally win the Pot Money or the 1 Million Peso-Jackpot in one of the 3 episodes that we would tape that very night. I reiterated that the prayer should be specific (usually we'd just pray for a big winner). The last time I prayed for a Millionaire weeks back when i led the prayer at the taping of Singing Bee, Manilyn Reynes won 1 Million! And guess what, that Monday night that we taped Game KNB, somebody won the pot money that stood at 750,000 pesos!

Of course, prayers could really do wonders. And I think it's not just about visualizing and attracting what you want. That "universe" being referred to in the book "The Secret"-- I kind of replaced with God. The Secret is not just about attracting what you want so that the universe will conspire and give it to you, but believing in the power of the Most High who leads the whole universe, and that is God!

No comments:

my music::