Thursday, February 7, 2008

year of the rat or year of the LORD?

it's Chinese New Year today!
but for most of us, 38 days have already been written down on the pages of year 2008.

and still, i am trying to figure out if 2007, the year of the pig, has been a great year for me.

aside from recalling what happened and what i've gone through the recent past year, i couldn't help but trace back the previous years. what a roller-coaster ride it was!

2001...transferred to tv production after working in the news & current affairs for 4 years;
...Kris Aquino got us to join her team; she was about to pilot a new show then after a short stint with Balitang Kris...never imagined she would become a close friend and kumare...it's only last year that we had a professional "separation" when she left GKNB?
...and it just occured to me now that after almost 6 years in the entertainment department, the closest friends i have now are still the ones i've had then when i was in the news dept.

2002...got married! whoa! life-changing indeed!

2003...gave birth to raphael, God's best gift to me. experienced separation anxiety when it was time for me to go back to work after a month. up to now, my best life moments are spent with him.

2004...grabe adjustments sa marriage at sa pagiging mommy...

2005...april- mom was diagnosed to have cancer. i was in a taping when my sis broke the news to me, i was speechless! :(
...busiest life at work and worst year at my marriage! was working as a writer for 3 daily shows simultaneously, one of my headwriters told me, "that can't be possible, wala pang nakagawa ng ganyan", but i was able to pull it through. ewan nga ba kung paano ko nagawa! but that helped sustained my mom's medication.
...october- lost mom (saddest day of my life) and then hubby left for the US for 6 months
...for months, i couldn't put myself to sleep or if ever i do, i would wake up at 3-4 am thinking about my mom, crying, was feeling all alone.
...at the same time raph was missing his dad, that was very emotionally difficult.
...saddest christmas ever! la na ngang nanay, malayo pa'ng asawa...aaaay.

2006...resigned from "homeboy", after 5 yrs of doing a daily morning talk show since "talk tv, morning girls" etc.; difficult decision but i appreciated more the rewards--more time with raph, less stress, di na ko nangangarag from one show to another...actually sobrang na-relieve ako! unexplainable!
...april- hubby came back from the US
...june- raphael's first taste of school
...december- raph's first travel out of the country/first family trip abroad-one of our best family moments ever!

2007...feb-mommy-in law passed away; first trip to canada with family; first snow experience!
...march- raph was awarded "outstanding student" in nursery 1; gano'n pala feeling pag nagsabit ng medal sa anak...my parents must be so proud of me! 11 years sila pabalik-balik sa stage para sabitan ako ng medalya hehe!
...april- i was granted a european visa and my 3 months-leave of absence from abs.
...june-my 5th wedding anniversary and what a coincidence that my father passed away on this same day! (lowest point in my life)
...sept- i was given a new show assignment: 1 vs 100 (in addition to game knb?) and which gave me a different experience & challenge!
...oct- was promoted as headwriter of Game KNB?

there have been many other trials that came my way which almost made me gave up...but of course, i do not discount God's outpouring of blessings as well...i thank Him for giving me strength and for making me accept things as they happen! Grabe, di ko lam pano ko nalampasan lahat! for everything that has happened i know there's an underlying reason...pero marami pa rin akong tanong, yung iba di ko pa nahahanapan ng sagot. but i know in time, He'll provide me with the answers.

according to the chinese calendar, it's the year of the rat...and last night which was the new year's eve, just to make sure that luck would be on our side, we had our hair cut, we were wearing red, we had tikoy and round fruits on the table, house was fully-lit...for whatever it's worth! sabi nga nila walang mawawala kung maniniwala sa chinese traditions!

but as what my friend mitch said, "would you like to call it the year of the rat...or the year of the lord?" oh it think that sounds better! she was right, i'd rather rely on the Lord for my luck in life than on a rat.

38 days and counting...and from now on, i'll call 2008 as the year of the Lord! and i'm positive that the Lord will give me and my family a fruitful, peaceful and abundant year not just this 2008 but in the years ahead!

3 comments:

Glenn Ala said...

year of the lord... i love that!

more blessings to you and raph, paige. love you!

PIPER said...

naman eh....bakit ako na-emote. hehe. well paige, i am so proud of you as well. love you so much and just want you to know that i will always be here for you and for raph....kay ronald na rin. haha. samahan mo ko mag emote sa panglao ha. wehehehe.

TripleRRR said...

:) bakit ka na-emote? hihi! love yah friend, super!

my music::