Saturday, August 11, 2007

SALAMAT...THANK YOU...MUCHAS GRACIAS!

"If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is 'Thank you God', that would suffice." --Meister Eckhart

I’ve read an article entitled “Thank You” by my idol Oprah Winfrey (thanks to Jillm). It’s about being grateful for everything … from the “littlest” or smallest pleasures to things too important to be taken for granted. Oprah shared how she has learned the value of gratefulness courtesy of her friend and mentor Maya Angelou.

Here’s a part of the article:
I live in the space of thankfulness - and I have been rewarded a million times over for it. I started out giving thanks for small things, and the more thankful I became, the more my bounty increased. That's because what you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life.

I got so inspired that I want to emulate her. She said she keeps a Gratitude Journal where she lists at least 5 things she’s grateful for each day.
So hopefully I’ll be able to do this everyday. For today, i came out with 8, here’s my own thank-you list…

1. an enjoyable breakfast and early morning conversations and kulitan with my 2 superboys
2. sweet kisses and hugs from my honey Raph (never fail to brighten up my day)
3. being able to give Raph his anticipated “surprise” for the day and seeing him all-smiles upon receiving it (actually I failed to buy his requested gummy bear as pasalubong last night and since he was already asleep when I came home, he eagerly asked for it this morning, so I secretly asked ate josie to buy one at a nearby grocery, hehe)
4. having this day off- bonding time with Raph while surfing the net, once in a while
5. a new project/show (got a surprise call yesterday from the EP of the upcoming game show “1 Vs. 100” and told me to come to the studio because I’m now part of the Creative Team)
6. receiving money from beh for the house bills and food/groceries (and yey! i have personal allowance too! gives me a "housewifey" feeling)
7. late evening chat with friends Prue and Piper (and Mappin too) last night (issue 101: my lips are sealed!)
8. writing this blog to share my joy to everyone

For everything and more, God THANK YOU!

4 comments:

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

hey... this is good... no... better than best...

i can actually feel the bright aura emanating from you... i am so glad of the new paige... optimist... lightweight about her life... i take it that you are finally learning to look beyond...

an attitude like this will gravitate the goodness in your life...

so what else can i say... may this mark the new phase... the first of brighter tomorrows...

let your 'sunshiny' days last till the end of time.

PIPER said...

im happy that you feel that way towards life. as u know, my forever mission is to make "happiness" a contagious disease. yehey! woohooo! im excited for you! to beettteeer days!

Glenn Ala said...

Paige...

TripleRRR said...

hey mappin, is that all u can say? hehe

prue and piper, thanks...you've somehow helped me look at life this way...

i'll live by the day believing that "when u focus on the goodness of life you create more of it!"

as piper said, it's like im declaring that im processing my life...and it feels good, hope it doesn't die.

when all else fails...there is God!

my music::