Friday, October 5, 2007

30 THINGS…that tell ALL or NOTHING about me!

(not necessarily in oder of importance...)

1. I am OPHIDIPHOBIC…I have this strong fear of snakes. I remember breaking down to tears and nearly had nervous breakdown when I saw the creature creeping in the props section of the studio one taping night…and I’d scream when I’d see one on tv or movie screen. Here’s my plea to everyone: Never, ever belittle anyone, adult or child, for his or her fears. We all fear something at sometime. Teasing or admonishing someone whose fear is already ingrained in her system, will NOT help overcome the fear, and will not help in any way at all!

2. I’m squeamish…Mere conversations about gross stuffs make me wanna puke. It’s disgusting when some people bring up distasteful or worse, sickening topics during inappropriate instances like during mealtime or when one is eating.

3. I couldn’t take looking at my mom in her coffin, so I didn’t. I wanted to just remember only her image when she was alive.

4. I wish I were tall and skinny slim (mowdel type hehe ) so I can dress up more fashionably.

5. I keep several medals and ribbons, probably lost some already, for academic achievements since grade school.Hihihi! Weno? And i got an almost-perfect score in Thesis Writing.

6. I am photo freak, especially of Raphael, and he and his dadu. I love arranging albums and making scrapbooks.

7. Back-stab me and I will never trust you again!

8. I love crunchy peanut butter. And banana with peanut butter. And peanut butter toast. And Reese's peanut butter chocolate. I love chocolates with nuts (almonds) and dark chocolates too.

9. I love pasta dishes— the not-so-complicated ones: putanesca, pesto, spaghetti, carbonara, lasagna, baked mac, even mac salad. And while most people don’t eat dinuguan, I love it! Hubby does too.

10. I love dining or attending brainstormings at Taste of LA. The food is great! And the place, quiet! We’re the loudest group there! They have the best cheesecake, the best pizza, the best rockefeller oysters and a lot others!

11. I'm a pizza freak! Spinach pizza from Taste of LA and all-cheese pizza from Yellow Cab are my faves. Yummy!

12. I’ve only been to Bora once. I haven’t even been to Bohol or Palawan, but been to places out of the country. Not that it's a big deal or what?

13. I love driving big cars, SUVs, wagons and the like, I have yet to drive a sedan or a smaller car.

14. I love riding at rollercoasters and bump cars. Fun places for me are Disneyland, Ocean Park and Enchanted Kingdom!

15. Spaghetti used to be the only food that I can decently cook. Now I can cook with pride arroz ala cubana, salpicao (gosh I think I forgot the recipe), and sinigang.

16. When I was a student, I idolized Korina Sanchez and Loren Legarda and dreamt of becoming like them. I even researched and read Loren’s thesis at the UP Library. Now I don’t remember a detail of it!... My first TV job was Balitang K, and my former AP dared me to tell Korina upfront that she was my idol at the same time ask for an autographed photo. I was just a newbie then, and no one dares approaching Korina, but I did! How Korina reacted? She just said while smiling: “Ginu-goodtime nyo ko!”

17. I have more than 20 nephews and nieces. Imagine how fun at the same time stressful (it means more gifts to buy) Christmasses and family reunions could be?

18. I traveled alone going to and from Canada, because hubby & son went there ahead of me. I waited for my sundo or ride at the Toronto Airport for excruciatingly 3 hours and a bit more because I gave the wrong Terminal No. I swear I asked migrant Filipinos to check If I were on the right terminal, and they said yes! Apparently, mali!

20. I only have a prepaid cellphone. I’m a fan of All-Text, where you can text all you want to all networks for just 35 pesos. Lasts me 2 days. That’s a steal!...Speaking of text, I despise it when someone close to me deliberately ignores or doesn’t bother to reply to my texts.

21. I don’t have a credit card. More bills to pay, more stress! I hate paying overdue bills and bills with O-A surcharges.

22. I never swore in my life before I worked at ABS-CBN. I despised people who do. Now I swear like everybody else (almost), but not to poke at people, expression lang. Excuses!? Uy totoo!

23. I don’t use just one type or brand of shampoo. I have more than 5 but less than 10 different kinds in the shower which I alternately use. I also use a variety of lotion. I have more than 5 but less than 10 different kinds on the dresser.

24. I have to ask for hot water before taking a bath BUT during a winter in Canada, my coldest experience ever, I was able to take a cold shower.

25. I love going to the Spa and have a massage but nanghihinayang ako sa time, that’s why I tend not to indulge in the jacuzi, or steam because it will eat up much time.

26. I tried not eating rice for more than a month, just before hubby arrived from the States. I lost weight. I really did! Though I still wanna lose weight, I wonder if I can do that again this time!

27. I already lost, more or less, 10 cell phones, always leaving behind a charger or extra battery behind. 3 of those units were given by Kris Aquino. (I used to joke I collect cellphone chargers).

28. I once gulped down 11 shots of tequila and 4 glasses of vodka in one occasion, and still got home without my mom and ate noticing it. I don’t think I can do that again now. Give me 4 bottles of beer and I’d crash to bed.

29. I used to drive my car even when it’s color-coding, thanks to MMDA! I hardly get caught or I’d get away with it, by merely saying “Pasensya napo! (sabay pakita ng I.D.) Bad!!!

30. I want to have more kids, 2 girls and 2 boys, hahaha! And get rich! And migrate to Canada or US! And come back to the Philippines very rich! I want to be... complete! Hehe!:)

3 comments:

bratty-piper-evette-nella said...

10 cellphones Ruth???!!!! grabe ka! eh pangatlong cellphone ko pa lang to sa tanang buhay ko e. haha.

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

revealing... hehehe! more... more... make it 60 items... hehehe!

i never though you actualy wanted to be a 'mowdel' type... hehehe!

Glenn Ala said...

ako, i'm arachnophobic. writing about it lang makes me cringe. eeeewwww.

wow, grabe nga yung 10 cellphones.

and big cars? bagay sa 'yo. hehe.

my music::