Saturday, October 13, 2007

fateful dates to remember

what's with the date?

it's october 13 today. in our family, we remember this day for two different reasons. it used to be a happy day because it's my sister Carol's birthday, BUT 2 years ago, October 13 became a tragic day when we lost our mom to cancer. definitely, the saddest birthday ever for my sis.

my birthday is on december 2. in year 1992, it was also the day my brother Tom met a car accident that took his life 3 days after. he was still at my party that night but i never thought that was also the last time i was ever gonna celebrate my birthday with him.

june 28 is my wedding day anniversary. this year is our fifth anniversary, but there wasn't any celebration at all as it was also the day my dad passed away. it will surely be difficult to celebrate our succeeding anniversaries.

3 important dates in my life...
3 incredibly important persons i had lost...and i'd miss everyday of my life.
3 dates i will never remember the same way again.

was it just a coincidence or the dictates of fate?

2 comments:

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

my heart is broken... i feel for you... painfully... but still... id like to believe these aren't dictates of fate... it may not even be coincidence...

death isn't bad... it isn't at all evil... with it comes reborn... you might say that it is easier said than done or it's easier for me to say things because i aint the one in pain... i too have had my share of the most painful experiences paige...

it may have happened any other day... it will surely come... perhaps it has something to teach us... you... i understand that the fact that it had to fall on those dates makes it harder to bear but those are just dates...

i am pretty sure... more than fate... more than coincidence... there is a God behind it all... and that there's beauty in every passing moment... even in death...

paige you almost made me cry... because really, this entry broke my heart into pieces... let's turn it around...

hmmmm... how about JOYFUL DATES? i don't know...i guess my point is... your mom... your dear brother... your dad... wouldn't want you to remember those dates as fateful... they are now with you everyday....every minute... they watch over you from heaven... and that can't be fateful.

love you paige...

TripleRRR said...

love u too prue! thanks so much...u always have the right words to say when i'm feeling down.

i miss them A LOT! hope they guide me from above, and take away my loneliness...sometimes i just want to "unremember" certain moments in my life that brought me to my lowest...but i cannot.

everyday is a struggle.

my music::