Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Favorite "Textmate"

Everyday, I would receive a text message from her- not the usual good am message or hi-hello but a prayer or inspirational message from the books of her favorites: Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer, or Women of Faith.

I have been receiving daily devotional texts from Kris Aquino since December of last year. I remember the first time i got one, i texted her back and said thank you...she replied and said, "i have included you in my devotional group, after Cebu i realized that i've missed you!" She was referring to our taping of Deal or No Deal in Cebu. I wasn't really a part of the production team, I just covered for Ate Cecil, their headwriter, who couldn't make it. They also got me prior to that when Ate Cecil went to the US.

Eversince Edu Manzano took over Game KNB? last year, me and Kris had a separation of sorts, this after working with her on a daily show for 5 years, since 2002. Of course i missed her. And since we don't see each other regularly anymore, I'm glad that through text, we've remained connected. I also subscribed to her KText so that I stay updated about her. She's not just a textmate, she's my kumare (Raph's Ninang), and she's remained one of my favorite persons.

I've saved some of her messages that really struck me though some were erased when my cellfone crashed. Today our text exchange went on like this:

10:36am- Krisie: Joel Osteen- remember God's plans r for ur good. He has plans to prosper you & give you a future & a hope. He's a rewarder of those who seek after Him. As u open ur heart & allow Him to cover u w/ His righteousness, u will flourish and find success in every area of ur life. God bless u.

Me- God bless you too Krisie!

K: Waiting for my family to arrive for Sunday lunch. Happy Sunday Ruth!

Me: Wow that's nice! I'm sure nag-effort ka to prepare a really sumptuous feast. Enjoy!:0 M online, checking mails.

K: No ruth. Nagpa-cater. 2 wks ago na exhaust ako. Gastos na lang instead of doing cooking myself.

Me: Hehe :) Chef Bruce?

K: Chef Anton today. Thai chef.

Me: Aah! Enjoy your family day! Missed you!

I'm sure by this time, her family has arrived and went on with their lunch.

I'll end this with one of my fave messages I got from her:

09/01/08 KRISIE: Joyce Meyer-we should choose our thoughts carefully. We can think about what is wrong with our lives or about what is right with them. We can think about what is wrong with all the people we are in relationship with OR we can see the good and medidate on that. The Bible teaches us to always believe the best. When we do that it makes our own lives happier & more peaceful...God bless you!

No comments:

my music::