Monday, September 3, 2007

Goodbye.


After years of partnership and togetherness, we just parted ways. I was somehow prepared to let him go a few days back, but I guess no one is ever really prepared for goodbyes…because right now I’m beginning to miss him. Running in my mind are my fond memories of him and with him.

It happened at Taste of LA last Friday, after a glass of red wine and too much of oysters and pizza, the break-up transpired. It was planned but so abrupt, there was no chance to bid sweet goodbyes, I took the front door while he was parked at the back area. He probably didn’t see it coming this soon. We came there together on a happy note, but left at opposite directions.

Admittedly that night, at the back of my mind, nothing was final yet. But after much thought now, it really is time to let go! Though I still want to, for now, we won’t see each other again. It’s probably best this way.

Yet all of a sudden, a restrained pain is setting in. There's a tinge, not of regret, but of sadness. Yes our relationship wasn’t perfect. He wasn’t perfect, he had his flaws and wasn’t always reliable. But no doubt, I love(d) him! We’ve been through a lot together, through joys and pains, success and frustrations, adventures and mishaps, sunshines and rains. We’ve actually weathered all kinds of storms. Our years of being together were also filled with laughters, sobs, rage, music and silence. But we knew from the beginning, our partnership won't last forever.

I will surely miss him…and i will cherish the time we spent together. I feel sorry, but I guess I just have to accept that we’re over!

It was definitely an emotional roller-coaster ride…but it’s time to move on…and face each day without him.

Adios my RVR!

(Fyi...RVR is our old Mitsubishi car/wagon which we traded in for a Pajero because we needed a bigger car/SUV...most people got so concerned thinking i had a separation from my hubby...NOPE, it wasn't that melodramatic than you think:))

6 comments:

Glenn Ala said...

Oh goodness, is this true? I don't know if I'm reading this correctly, but I sure hope you are alright. If you need to talk you know where to reach me.

hugs for you... ((((ruthie))))

Glenn Ala said...

Hahaha! You got me there, friend. Will send you some whitelighter whipping when I see you... naughty naughty!

PIPER said...

hala. sino na kapalit ni RVR? mahirap walang kapalit! hala hala hala. buy yourself one na! sinong masuwerte nakakuha kay RVR?

TripleRRR said...

leo, hahaha! i knew it! trick entry ba? did i mean to mislead? probably, saya! but i meant all those words for my RVR! almost 3 years din kami noh? love him still.

piper, i knew u would get it right...who's the 3rd party? will update u abt that on my next entry.

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

hahaha! leo actually got so worried... i think that was sometime between 4-5am that he texted me...

well, you almost got me there too... but by the mid of the post, i knew there was a catch... to easily open up something on a serious break-up with a partner isn't likely of paige.... moreso on blog...

hahaha!

more cabbie rides for you then paige... ingat ngat sa pag-uwi...

Glenn Ala said...

okay binabawi ko na yung hugs. bad girl, paige...

whapakkk!

whapakkk!

that's whitelighter whippin on your sorry a** ... hahahaha!

my music::