Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Mom, is it Christmas yet?

He's been bugging me to put up the Christmas tree and light up the house with Christmas lights as early as now. I think it started when he saw the neighbor's Christmas tree prominently displayed inside their sala. And when on our way home last Saturday night he saw a few houses adorn with Christmas lights. Yesterday after school, I opened the car window and he said, he can already feel the Christmas air. How can a 4 year-old think about saying that? This morning, while still in bed, he was singing a Christmas tune. Aaawww...there's no denying, Christmas fever has struck my little boy. And I think that is sooo cute!

Since this weekend, he's been browsing the Toy Kingdom magazine showing me and his dadu what gift he will ask from his Ninang Evette. (Ninang Evette told him they would shop for his gift at Toy Kingdom, he never forgot that! Hehe) He also got ecstatic when he saw a remote-controlled airplane- the one tito Otep earlier promised him. And two weeks back, when I shopped for a gift for my inaanak's christening at Rustan's, he looked over the toys and picked three he likes. No he didn't pushed me to buy them right away, he just said, those are the gifts he would want me, his dad, and his Tita Ninang to give him for Christmas.

I told him 3 months to go and it's Christmas Day...it seems he's like doing a countdown each day, asking me "Mom, is it Christmas yet?" I think we might start decorating the house a bit sooner this year. Last year we did it first week of December already. Putting up the Christmas tree is really a fun family thing-y for us. Every year, we'd change the theme, at least the color motiff. Last year, Raph was already involved in fixing the tree and choosing other Christmas stuffs. His dad even bought a Sta. Claus decor that lights up the front door for Raph's delight.

Christmas is really for the children...and since we had him, our Christmas was never the same again! He made me and his dad feel and understand what "Merry Christmas" is all about. He made us look forward to the occasion much much more. Last year was a blast for Raph because we were able to spend our Christmas break in HK, where of course we got to spend a day at Disneyland. Who could be more excited than Raph? Up to this day, he still remembers every bit of detail he saw and experienced there, the sights, the rides, and everything else (exactly the way he said it). How he loved the Disney fireworks, how he enjoyed seeing Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Buzz Lightyear, etc...even the Lion King production which,at first I felt, is more for the older ones, he was just 3 then.

He also keeps a brochure of Disneyland Florida which he hopes to go to in the future. We originally thought of going to the US this Christmas and visit his cousins there, or go back to Canada, but I think that would be put on hold for now. A lot of unexpected things have happened this year that made us change our plans. But one thing is for sure, we're gonna make Christmas a grand happy time for our lovey little boy. I can almost hear him say..."Mom, is it Christmas yet?"

3 comments:

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

oh my... oh my...for some funnny reason... your blog post made me cry... and i think i have an idea why...

both gladness and sadness perhaps... really... your story with raph made me stroll along memory lane... up until when our family were still altogether...

bwahaha..nagdra-drama si prue...

but don't get me wrong, true to your text message... you entry made me happy... i am even more glad that raph already has the christmas spirit...

and yes, for the love all that is good and holy... tita otep will get that RC airplane for Raph, the Superboy...

oh geez... i am crying again...now... hahaha! i miss my dad... i miss my sisters... i miss having a family that is complete... all of the memories from childhood, it is playing in my head... damn...

hahaha! what a drama queen prue is...

TripleRRR said...

I knew it! You'd be happy to know this story. You & Raph have somethin' in common...the way you two feel so much about Christmas! Kaw nga agad naisip ko eh.

Oow don't be saad. This is also a sad time for me because i miss both of my parents...but i am consciously making myself feel otherwise, and yes it's because of Raph...His happiness rubs off on me. His strong Christmas spirit is like God's way of telling me that hey, there are a lot of reasons to be happy, and HE is on top of the list.

I too have a lot of childhood memories of Christmas, how we grew up practicing Christmas traditions that made the occasion really special...because our parents made sure to make it a happy and memorable event for us.

PIPER said...

Happy Christmas! -that's my new christmas line! OMG, now that makes me wonder --- anu gagawin ng Happy Sun sa Christmas? hmmm.

ang cute naman ng raph. ako din, i so feel christmas na. i started na nga paunti unti yung shopping for gifts.

excited to be with you guys na.

e.

my music::