Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Chairman!

I was in Toronto, Canada when he replaced Kris Aquino, just temporarily then, on GKNB last March. When I reported back to work, he even joked at me- “So ganon, kung kelan mo lang gusto pumasok!” He didn’t know I came from out-of-the country to attend to my mother-in-law’s funeral.

That was the first time I got to work with him. He was extra nice, always jolly and very funny. He certainly gave a different flavor to the show but still, everyone in the staff and I anticipated Kris would be back in the show later on… but as they say the rest is history. Sir Doods or Chairman as we call him is now our permanent host after Kris decided to leave the show for good. Now, Sir Doods even has a gold record album to his name, carrying the household tune Papaya which the studio players and televiewers all love to dance to. Add to that, a new game show 1 Vs. 100 which I am also a part of.

Why am I writing about him? Because it’s his birthday tomorrow! And I will never forget that I was made to dance on national TV along with the whole production team of Game KNB, because we wanted to surprise him. I still cringe at the thought – all for the love of Sir Doods! The fun part is we’ve all learned to just enjoy and make fun of ourselves the way he does it on the show.

I love and still miss Krisie, and no one will replace that spot in my heart. She and Edu are both uniquely loveable and special. And I’d probably do the same thing for her, just for the love of her!

2 comments:

PRUE HALLIWEL :: OBSERVER OF LIFE said...

aha! so tomrw is the day i laugh at you... bwahaha! let me assure you... i'll be watching... shet! excited ako...

ma-record nga nang maipost sa you-tube... hahaha!

mahal mo nga si sir doods... "wag po sir... wag po!" hahaha!

PIPER said...

kainis, nasa bangkok ako when it aired. did you tape it? serious, gusto ko tumawa!

pa-watch!

happy bday daddy edu!

my music::