Sunday, March 9, 2008

mochi balls instead of a cake, why not?

Instead of the usual birthday cake, I uniquely gave Ronald 2 boxes of Mochi Balls for his birthday- they are Japanese glutinous rice cakes that are traditionally given as gifts on New Year's Day in Japan. If that's the case, they must bring in some good fortune! :)

Here's my recent discovery...
Dezato's Chocolate Trufle Filled Mochi
. A box contains 12 different flavored mochi balls. What we had were milk chocolate, white w/ walnuts, dark chocolate, choco peanut butter, white choco with green tea which I super like! And of course I’m biased with dark chocolate! Yummy! Hubby liked them too. Truly mouth-watering!


nice packaging! (got these photos on the net)

It was Kris A. who introduced me to mochi balls… she immediately liked them when a friend who came from Japan gave her that as pasalubong (which she shared with us). From then on, her showbiz friends who knew of her liking for mochi balls, would bring her some whenever they’d have shows in Japan.


Buti na lang I didn’t have to go to Japan anymore hehe…Lani, my kumare, texted me that she saw on Boy & Kris that mochi balls are now available in Manila in a place called Dezato. She ordered for me, along with hers, and we went there last Friday to pick up our orders. Thanks Mare!

photo taken by jillmer on the eve of Ronald's birthday...
with our newest baby, chocolate-colored DACKI -
raph's/mom's special birthday gift for dad

5 comments:

PIPER said...

mochi mochi mochi! yum yum! patikim niyan! waaaaah!

Happy birthday to Papa Ronald! Labshu Ronald!

TripleRRR said...

okay makakarating! :) thanks!
pati ang mochi balls, promise!

Glenn Ala said...

happy birthday kay ronald!

faux anonimity said...

hi, do you have the address for Dezato? =) thanks

TripleRRR said...

check their website...http://dezato.multiply.com

my music::