Saturday, March 8, 2008

A New Baby for Beh's Birthday

There’s a welcome addition to the family…another baby boy!

It's a birthday gift that hubby had earlier asked for.
How can you not grant such a wish? A new baby is definitely a blessing!

Meet DACKI, just 2 months old… his name short for his breed dachshund was given by the birthday boy of course...that's how i wanted to call him too.

Beh originally asked for a pug, and I too like a pug for a pet. But after a little research, I found out a pug is notorious for being a heavy shedder (not quite ideal when you have a little kid who’s prone to acquiring asthma).

The first time I carried Dacki in a pet shop at Tiendesitas, I immediately liked him. I felt I was carrying a real baby…he’s so malambing and lovable ! I never had a pet dog my whole life and I was actually bitten by a dog when I was a child, hence my fear of big dogs or dogs in general. But this time, it felt different…basta!


And more importantly, Raph liked him too…he's afraid of big dogs too. Dacki's small size and proportion make him so cute and unique! And because of his short hair and good temperament, low maintenance pa. Definitely bagay for us first-time dog owners and for our lifestyle. We stayed quite a bit longer in the shop, observed him well and read about duchshunds first before I went on buying. Research says they are quite independent, affectionate and good with children.


But would the birthday boy like him? Definitely! He was surprised to see Dacki on the eve of his birthday. This photo (and supposedly more) can tell that they too clicked! Excellent! A great birthday gift indeed! Happy birthday my Bebeh love!


(Encountered a problem/error while uploading more photos for this entry…that’s why it’s bitin, there has to be a full shot of Dacki, photos of Dacki with Kuya Raph, with me and us together as a family…will post more soon. Thanks Jillm for the great photos.)


1 comment:

Glenn Ala said...

can i have him? waaaaaaaaaaah! ang cute!

my music::